Posted on 04 July 2010.
Let me preface this by saying “GODDAMN YOU CARWIN FOR FALLING FOR LESNARS HOMER SIMPSON STRATEGY”. Now with my questions.
Leben proving doubters (myself included) WRONG!
- What is Akiyama’s biggest flaw: cardio or fighting in the wrong weight class?
- Is Leben making a case for comeback fighter of 2010?
- We still have to wait for the speculative ppv #’s but was this Lesnars defining moment, unlike UFC 100 he wasn’t sharing the spotlight with another popular champ in Boss Canada or two TUF coaches nor was there a video game coming out. Not to mention there still being some lingering world cup action & NBA Free Agency frenzy (OMG LeBron, what will he do). Did Lesnar pull off the biggest win in his career so far with his second title defense?
Big win or biggest win?
- Does a main event finish define and entire card/ppv broadcast? It seems no matter how many finishes are on the card or even the co main event if there is no definitive exclamation point put on the main event the entire card suffers for it?
- Is there a place for a new, more sensitive, humble and introspective post illness Lesnar. Or is it passe to heel it up since he has come into his own as a fighter?
- Both Lawlor and Petruzelli seem to have the same problem with pasting their opponents in the first rounds then gassing and getting out grappled.
Cage grabbers get slammed. gif via Caposa on the UG
-Did Gerald Harris steal Rampages thunder? And with 5 finishes in the UFC why hasn’t he been moved to the main card yet? As a Team Thirsty member alongside Rashad and King Mo are we seeing another variant of “The Cuban” or is this just how The Hurricane throws down?
WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!?
Bizarre post fight pose aside, Bonnar proves once again to be nigh unfinishble and a true company man in receiving one of 2
75k fight of the night bonuses. From MMA Junkie
LAS VEGAS – Gerald Harris, Brock Lesnar, Stephan Bonnar, Krzysztof Soszynski, Chris Leben and Yoshihiro Akiyama each earned $75,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC 116 event.
Harris earned the “Knockout of the Night” award, Lesnar earned the “Submission of the Night” bonus, and Bonnar, Soszynski, Leben, Akiyama all earned “Fight of the Night” honors
You know you are screwed when you can't even tap.
- Is the new grapple savvy Lytle just going for bonuses or is he making a real title run?
- Is the inverted triangle like the 4 minute mile, once one fighter does it is it the new cool sub to wrap people up in?
- A truly exciting (I would even go as far to say WEC level in terms of action) card actually featured bouts in every weight class, when was the last time that happened?
Thanks to Fightlinker doing most of the link work for me, lol.